3. Pre-Programmed Modes
- Learn and use the pre-programmed modes of the robot
3a. Pre-Programmed Modes Activity
Teacher Instructions: Hand robot to each pair of students, and hand them back their worksheet. Have them continue exploring with the robot and filling out the worksheet. Students will ask how to spell words, you can write them on the board to help them with the spelling. Encourage them to explore the different modes and describe how the robot is acting and which sensors it is using.
Materials: Thymio Robots
Goals: Gaining confidence and understanding using the robot, understanding the sensors and behaviors.
5. Visual Programming Language
- Learn how to use Aseba Studio to Program the robot with an Easy Drag and Drop language
Thymio Tabletop Activities (Printable)
Create a Collaborative Story Movie
- Watch the Getting Started with Thymio Intro
- Watch Sensors Video
- Watch and Participate with Pre-Programmed Modes
- Fill out the Worksheet
- Do the Thymio Group Activities
- Watch and Participate with Building Video
- Pick a Preprogrammed mode as a behavior and Build an Animal!
- If desired, can branch into programming robot with specific behaviors
- Now, Together, let’s write down a story with each of our robots as characters of our movie
- Practice Acting out story and record the video with the kids!
Goals: Strengthening understanding of robots sensors and programming through play, building, transforming the robot to be an animal which characteristics, cooperation, and storytelling.
- Construction Paper
- Blue Tape
Creating the Animal Story Movie with iPad and Green Screen
Lesson: Green Screen
Additional Materials Needed:
Green Screen by DoInk App
- If you are using an iPad in the classroom you can use it to transport your robot to anywhere with