Robotics Summer Camp 2020!
TechyKids Camp Video:
Kevin’s Summer Camp Story Video:
Robotics Programming & Invent Your Own Working Product
How do robots work? How does the robot see the world? Learn it all here while you program a real robot! Thymio is a versatile and fun robot with 20 sensors, 2 motors, and 39 LEDs. It’s the perfect platform for an endless amount of projects and creativity. First, get started with the easy to learn visual programming language as you learn to program behaviors. Then we’ll advance to learn what ‘if then’ statements are and how to read and modify real code! We’ll be doing a variety of projects from programming a robot pet with personality, to having Thymio follow a path, solving a maze, to creating a musical instrument.
Thymio is not just an ordinary robot, it’s the platform to use your imagination to create and invent whatever you can imagine! Program the robot to behave as you wish and then build off of Thymio with LEGO, and crafts to turn it into your invention. Then we’ll be working on logo design, your product description, and making a video advertisement for your robot. By the end of camp you’ll be revving to try and sell your newly branded invention.
Who: 7-12 yrs
Dates: Weeklong M-F
Click Here to See Locations and Dates
Menlo Park, CA
- Session 1: June 8-12, 9 am – 4 pm Who: Entering 3rd-7th grade
- Session 2: June 15-19, 9 am – 4 pm Who: Entering 3rd-7th grade
Oklahoma City, OK
- Session 1: TechyKids Camp – June 1-5th, 9 am – 4 pm, Who: Kids Entering 3rd – 7th grade in fall
- Session 2: TechyKids Jr. Camp – June 8-11, 9 am – 12 pm, Who: Kids Entering K-3rd grade in fall
- Session 3: TechyKids Camp – July 6-10th, 9 am – 4 pm, Who: Kids Entering 3rd – 7th grade in fall
- Session 4: TechyKids Jr. Camp – July 13-16th, 9 am – 12 pm Who: Kids Entering K-3rd grade in fall
Don’t see what you are looking for? Send us a note, and we will see what we can do!
Tuition: Varies by location
Instructor Introduction: Varies by location
Want to learn more? Check out our frequently asked camp questions (FAQ). Or call 650-866-5824 with inquires.